Skip to main content

2000 Views! + January Reading Wrap-up

 


I am an idiot who colossally messes up fifty times a second. That's an exaggeration, but you get what I mean. Remember when I forgot my 100th post? Yeah. So something like that happened again

Ok, so you guys know my last post, the one that's a random chat? You know how I said we were really close to 2000 views here? Guess what, I didn't refresh my dashboard that day, and when I finally did after posting it, I found out I had reached that goal the day before. Freaking hilarious, am I right?

Well, all that aside, thank you guys so much! I'm really grateful for all of your support. Hopefully you'll continue cheering me on in this journey. I might do something special for this occasion, but I'm not sure what yet. Maybe I'll do something if we reach 150 followers over on the Instagram account (which is also pretty crazy). 

Anyways, I wanted to do a quick monthly wrap up. I did read quite a few books this January (the month lasted pretty long, in my opinion. Especially the last ten days). We'll go over them quickly. I might write individual reviews later on, we'll see. 

#1: Heartstopper (Volume 1) by Alice Oseman. This is actually a graphic novel, and I've been meaning to read more of them. You can purchase the book, or find it on WebToons, too. 

#2: Heartstopper (Volume 2) by Alice Oseman. Continuation of the previous volume. 

#3: The Outlaws Scarlett and Browne by Jonathan Stroud. This book falls into the dystopian genre. I've heard about this novel, so I decided to check it out. 

#4: It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover. If you've spent a considerable time on social media, you'll know that this book is very popular. One of my friends recommended it for the 'read 12 books recommended by friends in 2022' challenge. 

#5: Yes No Maybe So by Aisha Saeed and Becky Albertalli. I've mentioned this in the previous chat before. It was another book in the reading challenge. 2/12 books done!

#6: The Cruel Prince by Holly Black. Do you guys sometimes make friends with unexpected people? If you'd tell me, even a year ago, that I'd be getting (constant) book recs from a few people from school I didn't talk much to before, I wouldn't have believed you. But things change, sometimes for the better. Anyways, I'd heard of this before too, and Holly Black co-wrote The Magisterium Series with Cassandra Clare, so y'know, I had to read it eventually. 

Anyhow, that's my read-list for the year so far haha. I must admit, this is probably the most crazy I've been about diving into different genres in the same month. Pretty cool, huh? I'm trying to try out books I normally wouldn't pick up, and it's often a fantastic decision. However, I try not to review books I didn't like simply because I didn't like the genre. Rather, I am trying to review them in a structured manner, whatever that means. 

I did read an awful lot this month, considering I had exams. And then there were several months in 2021 when I didn't read anything at all. I really hope you guys don't feel pressured to accomplish goals. Setting goals can be good, but it can become daunting. Sometimes it is better to just enjoy doing whatever you're doing. 

Well, that's all for now. Any good books you picked up recently? Did you read any of the stories I've mentioned here? If not, are you planning to? Let me know! Thanks again for the 2000 followers! Hopefully I'll see you guys next time!

Note: Not sponsored, and just my opinions. If I said something offensive, please let me know.

Comments

Post a Comment

Just a friendly reminder that any inappropriate/unfriendly comments will be deleted.

Popular posts from this blog

An Actually Important Chat

Hello everyone. So first of all, you may be wondering why I didn't post yesterday. Usually, it'd be because I didn't have the time, or the right inspiration.  But eventually I would find time and inspiration and write something, right?  Yeah, not this time.  Creativity block? Maybe. It's true, it's been weeks since I've worked on my WIPs.  But I guess the real reason is that I've been working every week on this blog not for myself, but for everyone reading it. I realized, while frantically scrolling through 'Post Ideas' lists on the internet on Thursday, I feel like I have to write because I have to, not because I want to. Get what I mean?  I wondered what the point was. If it was worth the effort at all. You might be thinking what a short, usually less than a thousand words post once a week that basically included me ranting required effort for.  Well, writing is hard. And it doesn't always feel the same. So while writing a post every week might

Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History

  The title of this blog is a really popular sentence that's commonly used all over the world. It's often used to refer to the idealistic feminist, the 'badly-behaved' (according to society, anyway) women who stand up against the patriarchy by breaking the invisible (and sometimes visible) rules set for them.  That's not a bad implication of the statement, no. But the original meaning of it is kind of ironic, because most people don't know the woman who actually said this: Laurel Thatcher Ulrich. In her book of the same name, she talks about simple women, who make changes in every corner of the world, but are not recognized for it. Mothers, nurses and teachers cause huge impacts on our lives, yet their stories are often forgotten, or not considered at all.  It's so weird how even now there are certain conditions for everything, including being the proper feminist icon. You have to have a certain skin tone (ever hear of white feminism?) wear certain clothes

Update

  Hey guys! So up until now, I've never really had a routine I'd follow for posting here on this blog. Sometimes I'd post a couple of times in a week, other times I'd be missing for a few weeks. So that's why I've decided to post every Friday. If I have more time, of course I'll be posting more, but this way I'll be able to keep up even if I'm busy, because my posts are usually not very long. But a big thank you to all of you reading, checking in on this blog; I'm really grateful towards you all. Thank you for your support, and I hope to improve the quality of my future posts. That's it for now, and I'll see you all next Friday.