Skip to main content

✨Movie Review✨ - 700 Taka




 

✨I'm kind of obsessed with the sparkle emoji, and decided to use it for today's post :)

Anyways. I had a couple of poll-like thingies on my Instagram story a couple of days ago, where I asked you guys which post you wanted next (yeah this is why I run that account, actually). Most of you picked movie review. Then I had to do a poll on which film, and you guys picked this one ('a movie I liked but it's in another language and I don't think it's been dubbed in English'). So here we are. 

How did I find out about 700 Taka (Taka is the currency we use in Bangladesh, FYI. 700 takas is about 8/9 USD)? Well, we had a film club in our school back when I was in grade seven. We did try to make our own movies but obviously that didn't work out too well. Anyhow, the teacher who ran the club (also my history teacher back in grade six for like three months) showed us this movie, and I watched it a little while back too, so here we are. 

The plot isn't too fancy- the main character, Arik (Pritom Hasan), is paranoid about his date with Nadia (Sabila Nur) 'cause he only has, you guessed it, 700 taka. It's a short movie under twenty minutes, so it's not possible to say much without spoiling it. 

Directed by Nuhash Humayun, the film is relatable. It doesn't deal with anyone dramatic, but it's light and funny without being crazy, unlike a whole bunch of movies and shows I can name. Maybe it's because of how short it is, but there wasn't anything that made you lose interest. The characters are pretty well-developed. Overall, I feel like it's pretty good and you should definitely watch it if you can.

I don't usually do movie reviews, not knowing much about movies in general (not like I know a lot about books, but still). So I'm not going to do the rating thing. 

You can watch it on YouTube (it's not pirated, don't worry): https://youtu.be/i4yHIudkjKI  

Source of info: https://www.thedailystar.net/arts-entertainment/film/news/700-taka-quirky-and-charming-tribute-young-love-1633462

Source of image: https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.imdb.com%2Ftitle%2Ftt9014806%2F&psig=AOvVaw3y_QedgnxVoHnp6PKaQ0Nm&ust=1641396325337000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CAsQjRxqFwoTCKDo8v2zmPUCFQAAAAAdAAAAABAD

Lots of links here, huh? That's all for today, hopefully I'll see you guys next time!

Note: Not sponsored and just my opinions

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Actually Important Chat

Hello everyone. So first of all, you may be wondering why I didn't post yesterday. Usually, it'd be because I didn't have the time, or the right inspiration.  But eventually I would find time and inspiration and write something, right?  Yeah, not this time.  Creativity block? Maybe. It's true, it's been weeks since I've worked on my WIPs.  But I guess the real reason is that I've been working every week on this blog not for myself, but for everyone reading it. I realized, while frantically scrolling through 'Post Ideas' lists on the internet on Thursday, I feel like I have to write because I have to, not because I want to. Get what I mean?  I wondered what the point was. If it was worth the effort at all. You might be thinking what a short, usually less than a thousand words post once a week that basically included me ranting required effort for.  Well, writing is hard. And it doesn't always feel the same. So while writing a post every week might

Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History

  The title of this blog is a really popular sentence that's commonly used all over the world. It's often used to refer to the idealistic feminist, the 'badly-behaved' (according to society, anyway) women who stand up against the patriarchy by breaking the invisible (and sometimes visible) rules set for them.  That's not a bad implication of the statement, no. But the original meaning of it is kind of ironic, because most people don't know the woman who actually said this: Laurel Thatcher Ulrich. In her book of the same name, she talks about simple women, who make changes in every corner of the world, but are not recognized for it. Mothers, nurses and teachers cause huge impacts on our lives, yet their stories are often forgotten, or not considered at all.  It's so weird how even now there are certain conditions for everything, including being the proper feminist icon. You have to have a certain skin tone (ever hear of white feminism?) wear certain clothes

E book VS Hard copy books

Disclaimer: These are totally my opinions. Feel free to disagree. Now, you can both read a book on your phone, or get a paperback/hard cover version of it. But which one is better? E book: Pros:   You can travel light, as you are basically carrying an entire library on your phone/laptop/tablet/whatever. You'll always have a book on the go. There's less chance for the book to get damaged.  You don't need to dog-ear your pages or remember to use a bookmark, as it usually saves your place. Cons: It's actually increasing your screen time, so your eyes probably won't thank you for it. You need to charge your device. It's harder to back and forth, if you are looking for a particular portion. You just don't get the feel of a real book, its pages and what-not. Hard copy books: Pros: There is no extra pressure on your eyes, and you can go to sleep while reading. You don't have to recharge the battery. You can just open the book at a random place, and it is much e