Skip to main content

An Actually Important Chat

Hello everyone. So first of all, you may be wondering why I didn't post yesterday. Usually, it'd be because I didn't have the time, or the right inspiration. 

But eventually I would find time and inspiration and write something, right? 

Yeah, not this time. 

Creativity block? Maybe. It's true, it's been weeks since I've worked on my WIPs. 

But I guess the real reason is that I've been working every week on this blog not for myself, but for everyone reading it. I realized, while frantically scrolling through 'Post Ideas' lists on the internet on Thursday, I feel like I have to write because I have to, not because I want to. Get what I mean? 

I wondered what the point was. If it was worth the effort at all. You might be thinking what a short, usually less than a thousand words post once a week that basically included me ranting required effort for. 

Well, writing is hard. And it doesn't always feel the same. So while writing a post every week might seem easy in theory, it's not. And forcing myself to do it doesn't help. 

To a certain number of people, I'm talking to you here. I know, you guys encouraged me and all, and I am grateful for that. But no offense, putting a time limit or making me feel like an idiot or jerk for working on something I genuinely cared for while simultaneously expecting me to write high quality posts regularly, well, guess what, that doesn't help. 

Anyways. At this rate, I'm not too sure if anyone reads my posts at all. Before at least, I could be hopeful and have some motivation for the handful of people who did. I know a lot of people are private, and I respect that, but you have to understand that it makes me think no one reads on stuff I worked so hard on. 

Even if the views are pretty constant, for all I know, people are just clicking on it. 

I'm going to leave this blog for a while. I'm also going to log out of the Instagram account. Maybe I'll come back, maybe not. We'll see. 

By going on a break on this blog, I officially have no hobbies or interests. But that's fine. I want to start over, however that is. 

Once, I had the chance to share some of my written work with a Danish writer. It was a few years ago. He didn't say anything about my work, except that I had to find my own voice. 

I'll admit, I was pretty annoyed after hearing that. What did that even mean? Of course I had my own voice. 

But, though I could once easily tell what set my writing apart, I can't do that anymore. Thing is, people change, so your ideas, the way you convey messages, all of them change too. The challenge is to find that voice that is truly you, and though it will evolve over time, it will be your voice, your story. 

I've lost my voice. I'm going on a not-very-adventurous adventure to find it. 

Thank you guys for your support. I hope to come back here again someday, whenever that is. Till then, I wish you all the best. Thank you again. 

PS: You can still contact my using my official email (bookwafflesstuff@gmail.com


Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Well I need a break, but I'm not making any promises about whether I'll come back

      Delete
  2. It's okay. It's important to take breaks and of course if you lose interest in something, it's not necessary for you to continue it. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! Reading your post today made me sad... :-((( Believe me ...
    Yah, u'r right, writing should come from inside from a writer, that's why not everyone can write. I liked your point that, sometimes u wrote for others, that means u never wanted to make ur readers disappointed! Also, its true that in many times I read ur post but didn't put any comments there, sometimes not for having enough time, sometimes thinking what to reply! But I enjoyed them really, i think like others...
    So, my request is that, don't take too much pressure on yourself for writing a post every week, u can write in your own time and with ur own interest, ur true followers will definitely not mind if u don't write it every week. Hence, i'll b much more happier to get notification of ur writing not in a particular day, but may b in any sudden day of irregular weeks, which will make me surprised as well as will make my mind refreshed and will motivate with your nice words, ideas and deep thinking...like always.....
    Waiting for that...
    stay well....cheers :-)))

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Just a friendly reminder that any inappropriate/unfriendly comments will be deleted.

Popular posts from this blog

Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History

  The title of this blog is a really popular sentence that's commonly used all over the world. It's often used to refer to the idealistic feminist, the 'badly-behaved' (according to society, anyway) women who stand up against the patriarchy by breaking the invisible (and sometimes visible) rules set for them.  That's not a bad implication of the statement, no. But the original meaning of it is kind of ironic, because most people don't know the woman who actually said this: Laurel Thatcher Ulrich. In her book of the same name, she talks about simple women, who make changes in every corner of the world, but are not recognized for it. Mothers, nurses and teachers cause huge impacts on our lives, yet their stories are often forgotten, or not considered at all.  It's so weird how even now there are certain conditions for everything, including being the proper feminist icon. You have to have a certain skin tone (ever hear of white feminism?) wear certain clothes

Update

  Hey guys! So up until now, I've never really had a routine I'd follow for posting here on this blog. Sometimes I'd post a couple of times in a week, other times I'd be missing for a few weeks. So that's why I've decided to post every Friday. If I have more time, of course I'll be posting more, but this way I'll be able to keep up even if I'm busy, because my posts are usually not very long. But a big thank you to all of you reading, checking in on this blog; I'm really grateful towards you all. Thank you for your support, and I hope to improve the quality of my future posts. That's it for now, and I'll see you all next Friday.