Skip to main content

February 2022 Wrap-Up



I guess we'll be doing these every month, or frequently enough. It makes it easy to talk a little bit about the books I've picked up and crossed off my endless TBR. If there's a book I have a lot to talk about, I'll write a separate review for it. Let's see how it goes. And yes no one should should show this blog post to my English teacher, 'cause I'm deliberately trying to not use sentence linkers (we have to use SO MANY in school and the teacher would still say that's not enough. Yeah, I have weird ways of being annoying about stuff).

Before getting into books, let's talk about the month as a whole. I guess it's safe to say this year's February was pretty cool. Of course I can't talk about all the stuff that happened, 'cause privacy and stuff. And I did have a lot of pressure from school, which sucked.

But even in general, February is such a short month. There were a lot of cool dates this month, like 02/02/22, 20/02/22, and of course, the legendary TWOsday (22/22/22, Tuesday). Me and my cousins have been hyped up about it for a while, so even though we didn't do that much special (minus listening to 22 by Taylor Swift, which is mandatory, and I've failed as a person 'cause Glimmer [one of my cousins] still hasn't hear it).

Whatever. Let's move onto books. I read four this month- now that school started I accidentally started a new routine, where I wouldn't read/read much on the weekdays, but finish a book during the weekend. Well then, here's a quick run-down:

1. Wayward Son - Rainbow Rowell: This was the second book in the Simon Snow trilogy (which I finished recently, btw). I don't want to spoil anything, but let's just say Simon, Penny and Baz somehow ended up in the US. Of course, trouble follows them. This honestly felt like a fanfic AU? Not necessarily a bad thing but yeah.

2. Crooked Kingdom - Leigh Bardugo: The second and final book in the Six of Crows duology (as of now, anyway) was in my opinion the best. I can't really talk about it without gushing over it (minus a certain event, one that people will love to spoil for you). I might just read all of the Grishaverse and write a general, huge review (a formal word for rant) haha.

3. Arsenic for Tea - Robin Stevens: The second book, following the events of Murder Most Unladylike, was, unfortunately, in my opinion anyway, not as great as the first. It was a bit of a let-down, honestly. The plot wasn't as great or twisty as the first. But it was okay, overall.

Wow, most of the books this month were the second book of the series? That's kind of cool, especially if you consider all the crazy dates of the month.

4. To Kill A Kingdom - Alexandra Christo: Haha this one was a standalone. It was a retelling of The Little Mermaid, but make it YA and more gruesome. I feel like it had a lot of potential but fell a little short.

Yeah, so I guess that's about it. I recently submitted a short story for a competition, but I'm probably not gonna win haha. Either way, I'll post it here. It's not my best work. I was procrastinating too much on it, as I had lost track of the story and the word count, and then had to rush when finishing it. But then again, I feel like everything I write is trash, and according to other people (though they might just be being nice), that's not always the case. I don't know, more opinions will help me improve, I guess.

Anyways (it's been so hard not using this word), how was February for you? Did you read any of the books I mentioned, or notice the downright legendary dates? Let me know in the comments! Hopefully I'll be seeing you guys next time!

Note: Not sponsored and just my opinions. If I said something offensive, please let me know.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Actually Important Chat

Hello everyone. So first of all, you may be wondering why I didn't post yesterday. Usually, it'd be because I didn't have the time, or the right inspiration.  But eventually I would find time and inspiration and write something, right?  Yeah, not this time.  Creativity block? Maybe. It's true, it's been weeks since I've worked on my WIPs.  But I guess the real reason is that I've been working every week on this blog not for myself, but for everyone reading it. I realized, while frantically scrolling through 'Post Ideas' lists on the internet on Thursday, I feel like I have to write because I have to, not because I want to. Get what I mean?  I wondered what the point was. If it was worth the effort at all. You might be thinking what a short, usually less than a thousand words post once a week that basically included me ranting required effort for.  Well, writing is hard. And it doesn't always feel the same. So while writing a post every week might

Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History

  The title of this blog is a really popular sentence that's commonly used all over the world. It's often used to refer to the idealistic feminist, the 'badly-behaved' (according to society, anyway) women who stand up against the patriarchy by breaking the invisible (and sometimes visible) rules set for them.  That's not a bad implication of the statement, no. But the original meaning of it is kind of ironic, because most people don't know the woman who actually said this: Laurel Thatcher Ulrich. In her book of the same name, she talks about simple women, who make changes in every corner of the world, but are not recognized for it. Mothers, nurses and teachers cause huge impacts on our lives, yet their stories are often forgotten, or not considered at all.  It's so weird how even now there are certain conditions for everything, including being the proper feminist icon. You have to have a certain skin tone (ever hear of white feminism?) wear certain clothes

Update

  Hey guys! So up until now, I've never really had a routine I'd follow for posting here on this blog. Sometimes I'd post a couple of times in a week, other times I'd be missing for a few weeks. So that's why I've decided to post every Friday. If I have more time, of course I'll be posting more, but this way I'll be able to keep up even if I'm busy, because my posts are usually not very long. But a big thank you to all of you reading, checking in on this blog; I'm really grateful towards you all. Thank you for your support, and I hope to improve the quality of my future posts. That's it for now, and I'll see you all next Friday.